Saturday 22 February 2014

Prop making

                                                           The Strong Man's weights
A piece of metal rod and two polystyrene balls

Coated in plasticine 

Some other types of weights. Again made from different sized polystyrene balls, some thin aluminium and then covered in plasticine. 


I then painted all the weights using acrylic. 

These are the colour paints that I used.

The finished weights

                                                                    The Food Crates 
Then I began making the crate of food that will go in the animals quarters.
I simply used balsa wood and glue. 
I painted the crates that using water colours




I have only made three crates so far because I ran out of Balsa wood.  I had planned to make roughly twelve, so I need to buy some more.
I chose to use all the other sized polystyrene balls to make the fruit that will go into the crates.  I coved them in Plasticine and painted them. 

I painted the smallest polystyrene balls red and orange, so that they can be apples and oranges.  


I think I need about 24 more oranges and 24 more apples. I also have another crate the same as the one in this photo to fill. Which I might make bananas for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment