I am not going to use this shot in my final film but I thought I'd show it on my blog anyway.
Monday, 24 March 2014
Here is one of my first tests now that I have started animating. This shot isn't in my storyboard, so I probably won't use it. However, even though it's not perfect and considering I've not animated in quite a while, I am rather pleased with this.
Saturday, 22 March 2014
These images show the progress of making my main character, Jacob.
I also added milliput to the legs and feet as well.
|The head, again is plasticine covering a polystyrene ball.|
|The hands are latex. I used the mould I made when Kerry came in to teach us mould making back when we were doing the children's project.|
|I used cardboard as sort of ribs, strengthening, and padding out the body at the same time, but still allowing movement.|
I covered the arms and legs in sponge using super glue and used scissors to cut the sponge into shape.
|The head is simply pushed onto the neck, so it can be removed.|
|The eye brows are painted plasticine. and the braces are denim material with wire running through the middle.|
|I also added plasticine to finish off his chest.|
Progression through the making of the Strong Man.
I didn't take many photo while making the strong man, so I'll just have to tell you what I did.
|I painted the sponge hair and made his eye brows and moustache separate, so that they just stick on and can be manipulated.|
|There is also a rigging point in the back of the strong man, which will be used when animating in the next couple of days.|
I decided to go through some of the off cuts of material I had to see what would look best on the Bearded Lady.
|I then covered the Lady in cling film and masking tape.|
Progress through making The Bearded Lady
|I moulded the head from soft sculpey over a polystyrene ball..|
|Turns out polystyrene shrinks when its heated up, I did not know this.|
Thursday, 20 March 2014
|I bought some strips of metal with holes in to screw the two pieces of wood together.|
I had originally glued the two pieces together and used milliput to fill any gaps, however, this was not strong enough.
|After screwing the two pieces together, I placed the wood on the turn table.|
I had planned on buying a turn table from ikea for £5, but my mum said I could use the marble one we had at home, which works in my favour for two reasons. Its stronger, and saved me money.
|This picture shows the lion and my props on the set. I just wanted to see how things were looking and how well the wood balanced on the turn table.|
|The foam board balanced in the middle, again just to see how things were looking.|
The platform for the bearded lady needs to be finished and the foam boarded decorated. Im also not sure of the material on the outside at the moment. I think there needs to be more material to work with.
|Same picture, different angle.|
|Same picture, but the animals side of the set.|
|Here I have taken the middle divider out to finish, and added hay to the flooring of the Lions scene.|
|I've decided to use material to decorate the foam board. I'm using any material I can find in the model room, that I think works well.|
|I was very lucky to find this lovely red material which works great.|
I have attached it to the foam board using just pins.
|Found some great fabric books (those example books of materials you can choose you sofa/curtains to be made from)|
|I threaded wire through the red material so that I the material has shape and can be manipulated.|
|The red fabric is just pinned in place, but I think this is finally starting to look like something I am happy with.|
(Sneaky peak of my unfinished puppets to the side there.)
|The Lion's side of the set.|